Remodels and Restyling
Of all the clothing purchases made in a lifetime nothing lasts as long or continues to look as good as a well-kept fur. A mink coat can last twenty years with good care. As fashion styles change with the times… so can a fur garment. Not only is fur a renewable resource, it is an amazingly durable fabric that can be reworked over and over again to match every season of life.
If your fur seems outdated, a minor or complete remodel is an excellent alternative to letting it hang in your closet unworn. A remodel can consist of minor changes such as adding fashion buttons, changing the collar to an updated style or changing the cuffs to something that better suits your taste. A fur in good condition can be taken apart and reworked into a whole new pattern. Our master furrier can insert pelts to add more sweep or remove pelts to give it a narrow modern design. Sleeves can be narrowed or widened or the mid-section can be shaped for a more fitted look to accentuate your figure. Often times a fur that seems over the hill can be rescued. The mink stole inherited from a Great Aunt that you can’t bear to throw out can be turned into a keepsake teddy bear. You may want to consider using your garment as the fur lining in a rain coat so that it may continue to shield you from the cold.
The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination.
Some examples of the possibilities:
- Shear your long-hair coat for a whole new look.
- Turn a full-length coat into a high-fashion jacket or bolero.
- Turn a coat into a fitted vest and use the left over material to trim denim or leather pants.
- Turn a fur garment into teddy bears, earmuffs, or throw pillows.
- Use the fur from a garment to add a collar and cuffs to a sweater that you provide.
- Use the fur from your old fur jacket or coat to line a rain or trench coat which you provide.