No other furrier in the State of Michigan offers such complete services and facilities, especailly at such a low price.
We take pride in keeping your furs looking good.
Even if you purchased your garment elsewhere, all furs deserve Dittrich’s summer care.
Dittrich Furs offers the best protection available… “Dittrich Care” means longer wear.
THE BEST STORAGE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE!
STORAGE FACILITY FEATURES
- Located on Dittrich premises
- Located safely underground
- Steel reinforced concrete walls and ceiling well beyond standard building specifications
- Fireproof facility
- Multi-tiered Bank vault door system
- Several types of alarm sensors with multi-redundancy
- Redundant alarm communication systems with direct connection to authorities and protection services
- True refrigeration system (not air-conditioned) with optimized target of 34 °F
- True humidity control system
- Controlled lighting (to prevent oxidization and discoloration)
- Sealed against insects and vermin
- Individual space for each and every customer garment (you fur will not be crammed or crushed!)
We offer FREE pick-up in the South Eastern Michigan Tri-County (Oakland, Wayne & Macomb) area for customers who have Dittrich’s Fur Replacement Policy. If you wish to have your garment picked up, call us and we will make arrangements for you.
If your furs are insured elsewhere we will still be happy to pick up your furs for a nominal fee.
Our Storage Vaults are on Premise…not in another state!
You can pick up your garment at any time… without prior notification!
Our Vaults are kept at 34 ° degrees and Humidity Controlled… not an air-conditioned room!
There is NO SAFER place for your fur than in Dittrich’s storage!
Please remember to store hats, headbands and fur linings these items are also susceptible to summer damage. Hats and other small items are wrapped in acid-free tissue and carefully stored for their summer stay.
We individually space your garments on sturdy custom hangers. Our full time staff maintains the vaults at optimum temperature (34 °F) and humidity (45%). Every storage garment is given a free inspection by Dittrich’s upper management.
You may ask “Why is Cold Storage neccessary and so important?” or “Why 34 °F?”
Remember that your fur is a biological product that biodegrades over time. There is nothing you can do to stop this biodegradation, but you can slow it down.
The goal is to bring the garments temperature to as close to freezing as possible, without actually freezing it. The colder the temperature, the slower the degradation. Freezing a fur would actually stop the process entirely, but a cycle of freezing and thawing would cause damage to both the leather and the fur itself. (think about all the potholes that appear in the roads during the spring.) Temperatures above 38 °F begin to loose its effectiveness as cold storage. Temperatures 40’s and 50’s are not effective at all.